So, my learning project was subpar at best this week. I had great plans to conquer making my own clay beads for a bracelet. Yet it didn’t really pan out. I did create one bracelet, but it’s basic and I wish I could say I did more, but that is so not the case. This whole semester I’ve been trying my best to balance #newmomlife with #studentlife and honestly the two lives don’t mix that well, but I’m making the best of it. This week however has been unusually more difficult! My daughter, Blakely has started the process of teething and I am finding my life a whole new level of difficult right now. She’s extra fussy, not eating well and wants to be held A LOT! This doesn’t exactly allow for a lot of free time for myself to do homework. Regardless of my life, here’s a quick caption of what I did this week:
- Used my trustee, Pinterest board for ideas and tutorials
- Bought my clay from Michaels (baking instructions were listed on the package)
- Used these 2 tutorials to help create my beads: DIY Clay Bead Necklace & Indulgy
- Polymer Clay Website for rules on how long to bake different thickness of clay
- I rolled my beads, put a hole through them and baked them
- Let them cool overnight and then strung them onto the stretch magic elastic (just like last week) and VOILA I have a very ‘home-made’ bracelet!
This next week my plan was to move onto making earrings, but I am hoping I can create at least one more bracelet with homemade beads! I want to try a more challenging technique (with a video to document it as well). I may be setting my sights high, but we’ll see what I accomplish! In the mean time I will leave you with a picture of my ‘basic-bracelet’ and will be sure to keep you all up to date on Blakely’s #teethwatch2017